Frequently asked questions and age verification
Is there an age limit to get into the show?
No one under the age of 21 will be allowed to enter in the festival! This includes designated drivers who must be at least 21 years of age.
NO children, toddlers, infants or strollers are permitted.
No one will be admitted without a valid photo I.D. (no exceptions).
I have a ticket for Session 1, can I use it to go to Session 2 instead?
NO. You are only permitted to use the ticket you purchased for the session you purchased. The scanners are programmed with a unique barcode that will reject your ticket if it is for the wrong session or if it has been copied or duplicated.
Is The Event Indoor or Outdoor?
BigAssBeerfest is an indoor event at the Starlight Ballroom located at 460 N 9th street. Close to 9th and spring Garden street.
How does the Designated Driver ticket work?
The designated driver pays $10 at the door on the day of the event to get in. The designated driver receives a different color wristband to get in. Any designated driver ticket holder who is seen sampling will be immediately removed from the festival.This is for your own safety.
Is there a coat check?
Yes, there is no coat check at this venue.
What time do the doors open for each session?
Doors open at 12:45 for Session I
Doors open at 4:45 PM for Session 2
Is there taxi service available to and from Center city? Yes, it is recommended that all attendees take advantage of public transportation for the festival. Here are the phone numbers for a few of the area taxicab companies:
All City Taxi: (215) 467-6666
PHL Taxi: (215) 232-2000
Victory Radio Dispatch: (215) 225-5000
Crescent Cab: (215) 365-3500
Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the venue is wheelchair accessible.
Is there parking at the near the venue?
Yes, there is a parking lot on site and metered parking on the street. We strongly encourage people to use public transportation.
- Must have Driver's License or Other Government Issued form of I.D. that verifies legal drinking age of 21.
- Beware of “driving while impaired laws”and plan accordingly.
- Promotional photos and video will be taken at the event and you grant permission for your likeness to be used.
- We reserve the right to remove any individuals that any staff member believes that is too intoxicated or behaving in an uncivil manner. Be nice and keep your hands to yourself.
- Must be properly attired.
- We reserve the right to check all bags and persons entering the event.
- No pets allowed unless they are registered guide animals.
- No outside glassware allowed.